5 things you need to know about Lush Meadow
1. According to The Huffington Post this Fall-Winter's #7 Color is Lush Meadow - a beautiful shade of green
2. Green is the color of balance - being made of yellow and blue - green encompasses the mental clarity of optimism of yellow, together with the emotional calm and insight of blue
3. Green is the color of stability and endurance - Wearing green can give us strength to cope with adversity
4. Too much green can convey envy - its critical to get the right balance and pair with the right accessories to reap the emotional benefits
5. Self Love - Green is an emotionally positive color helping us foster the energy to nurture ourselves and love others unconditionally
"Growing up in Ireland my eyes were spoilt with many shades of green. This was something I took for granted until I moved overseas. Living in Boston and now Los Angeles I not only miss the shades of green, but also the calm they made me feel. They say you have never seen the true shade of green till your eyes have delighted on the lush pastures (meadow's) of Ireland.
This shade Lush Meadow is the color of the fields I used to enjoy each Fall, Ireland is blessed with rain all year round, but in the Autumn time, before the winter frost, the meadows are a lush velvet green. This is the time when the land is richest and most abundant.
It is no coincidence designers choose this shade Lush Meadow as the #7 Color for Fall and Winter 2016 Fashion Trends. The Top 10 Colors for this season are not only visually pleasing, psychologically stimulating, emotionally enhancing but imbued with meaning.
While we may be mourning the long bright days of summer, feeling the winter blues developing, lush meadow is a reminder that this is a time of year to be savored, a time to appreciate the abundance around us. As the lush meadow get's its beautiful color from the rain and the richness of the soil, we can take comfort true beauty comes from within. Wearing this shade in particular helps foster feelings of positivity and self love, for us to then radiate.
This shade should have us positively and calmly approaching the holidays - though care must be taken when pairing as too green can evoke feelings of envy. I have put together a guide for how to achieve the right harmony accessorizing ..."
Alanya GraceIt is in the most difficult moments
that we possess our greatest strength
5 things you need to know about Color #6 Dusty Cedar
1. According to New York Fashion Week and The Huffington Post this Fall 2016's #6 Color is Dusty Cedar
2. Dusty Cedar is a distinct shade of reddish brown - encompassing the security and organic-ness of brown but with the fiery passion and energy of red!
3. Strength - Dusty Cedar takes its name from the famous Cedars of Lebanon. Lebanon wood is red, fragrant and durable.
4. Luxury and Prestige - Lebanon cedars are known to be the most expensive timber, due to the scarcity and difficulty in securing it. For this reason it was used in building Solomon's temple and signifies great prestige.
5. Life and vitality - This shade just as the Lebanon Cedars is evergreen, showing life and vitality all year round, season after season...
“Growing up in Ireland, then living in London and the East Coast (Boston) I vividly remember the changing seasons and that deep rich autumnal glow. It was not till I moved to Los Angeles with the absence of such seasonal variation that I appreciated the visual and psychological beauty of nature’s changing foliage.
There was just an emotion that could only be conjured from observing that autumnal glow, a sense of warmth, comfort, sensuality, decadence, luxury, simplicity, connection and appreciation of the natural, an awareness that harvest was nigh, thanksgiving approaching and so time for family and the sentimental, that no matter how dark the days were becoming outside, inside there would be comfort, warmth and light.
It was an acknowledgement of the natural seasonal rhythm, being in tune with nature. Close your eyes, imagine that autumnal glow and you are envisioning Dusty Cedar, a distinct shade of reddish brown. This shade encompasses the security and organicness of brown coupled with the fiery passion and energy of red! The perfect relaxer and pick me up!!!
Dusty Cedar’s entry into the Top 10 Colors by Pantone for Fall and Winter 2016 is no surprise. Taking its name and sharing its roots with evergreen Cedars of Lebanon this shade is imbued with deep symbolism. Lebanon cedar is known to be the most expensive timber, due to the scarcity and difficulty in securing it, for this reason it was used in building King Solomon’s temple. This color thus became associated with luxury, scarcity and great prestige.
Why not add a little Dusty Cedar to your Wardrobe and enjoy the emotional and psychological benefits of wearing this shade? To help guide you through the process of how to wear and pair Dusty Cedar I have put together my 6 favorite outfits for every occasion…… Enjoy xo”
The righteous will flourish like a palm tree
and grow tall like the cedars in Lebanon
1. According to New York Fashion Week this Fall's #5 Color is Warm Taupe
2. Warm Taupe is otherwise known as beige-brown, a dark tan color in-between brown tan and grey
3. Taupe derives from the French noun 'taupe' meaning mole, originally referring only to the average color of the French Mole but in the 1940's expanding to other shades - including this season's Warm Taupe!
4. Perfect Foundational Base - Taupe's neutral appearance makes it the perfect choice of fashion designers for foundational shading. This shade gives you a blank (mole) canvas on which to express your emotions, layer, accessorize, juxtapose and play this Season
5. Calm and Comfort - Warm Taupe is sensual, sensitive and warm, engulfing the wearer in a feeling of calm and comfort
"This Season's #5 Color is Warm Taupe a beige shade of brown, reminiscent of Autumn Fields at time of harvest. Like the fields of harvest, the shade conveys abundance, prosperity and earthiness, it is associated with all that is wholesome, organic and natural.
This entry into the Top 10 Colors for Fall and Winter 2016 Fashion is no surprise as shades of brown never seem to make an exit from the Runway. The neutral appearance of Warm Taupe makes it a perfect choice among designer's for foundational shading, providing a somewhat blank canvas on which we can layer, accessorize, juxtapose and play this season... Wearing this shade fosters a deep emotional security and sense of belonging.
Growing up in Ireland then living in London, Boston and LA - I have often been described as having
"the glitz and glam with a good measure of earthiness". This is the most apt description for the shade Warm Taupe and the feeling it will imbue any lady with, having its roots in the natural, earthy and organic this shade provides the perfect elegant, neutral layer upon which to add as much glitz and glam as your heart pleases....
Too much brown or taupe can leave you feeling dull, the right amount what every man desires. Essential to wearing this shade correctly is knowing how to pair and accessorize, to help guide you through this process I have put together 5 looks for every occasion ... "
When I am afraid I will put my trust in you
1. According to New York Fashion Week this Fall's #4 Color is Aurora Red
2. Aurora Red takes its inspiration from AURORA BOREALIS - The northern lights bearing close resemblance to the red shade of dawn
3. Strong Willed - Aurora red has the effect of endowing the wearer with increased confidence making this a perfect color for those who are shy and lack self will
4. Desire and Sensuality - Red is the color of sexuality, desire and passion. However Aurora Red having some blue and being closer to crimson emits more sensuality than sexuality
5. Stimulant - Red increases energy flow, though too much can cause agitation. Therefore it is important to learn how to wear and pair this shade
"Growing up in Ireland I vividly remember long Summer evenings which never really got dark that almost merged into magical dawn. Living so far North our sky was aglow with the Northern Lights. This shade Aurora Red reminds me of what my brother and I termed magnetic midnight. And rightly so, for Aurora in Northern latitudes is the effect known as AURORA BOREALIS (Northern Lights) - named after the Roman Goddess of Dawn, AUROA, and the Greek name for the North Wind, Boreas by Galileo in 1619.
It is no coincidence designers choose this shade Aurora Red as the #4 Color for Fall and Winter 2016 Fashion Trends. The Top 10 Colors for this season are not only visually pleasing, psychologically stimulating, emotionally enhancing but imbued with meaning.
Aurora Red is the red sky of dawn, as the time old saying goes, 'Red sky at night, shepherd's delight, red sky in the morning, sailors warning' and this shade is no exception. Designer's have consciously chosen this hue to evoke feelings of fireyness, passion, life force, strength, determination. All empowering the modern lady, breaking gender conventions.
Aurora is further linked to power and force, borrowing the Greek name for the North Wind. This shade will sweep through Fall and Winter Fashion, a force to be reckoned with, not challenged, having the psychological effect of giving confidence to those who are shy and lack will power, as well as energizing and increasing motivation.
Are you ready to feel a more energized, determined, confident, sensual you?
This shade should have us confidently transitioning into the next season - though care must be taken when pairing as too much red can evoke feelings or irritation and anger. I have put together a guide for how to achieve the right harmony accessorizing ..."
Grace changes everything.
It is that undeserved, unearned, unmerited favor
that gives us a new start each day...
1. According to New York Fashion Week and The Huffington Post this Fall 2016's #3 Color is Sharkskin
2. Sharkskin is a distinct shade of grey - encompassing the conformity and safety of traditional grey but with a sense of edge and danger associated with a shark - fierce yet calm!
3. Mysterious - darker shades of grey are known to be extraordinary and mysterious.
4. Calm - grey is the color of strength and steadiness making a feeling that is cool and self reliant. This color is known to alleviate you from the anxiety of a riotous world.
5. Perfect Foundational Base - Grey's neutral appearance makes it the perfect choice of fashion designers for foundational shading. This shade gives you a blank (grey) canvas on which to express your emotions, layer, accessorize, juxtapose and play this Season
“This Season’s #3 Color is Shark Grey. This shade is no surprise making the top 3 colors by Pantone, for grey has never made an exit from the Runways of Spring / Summer as well as Fall / Winter Fashion Color trends for goodness knows how many decades!
Grey’s neutral appearance makes it one of the favorite choices among fashion designers for foundational shading – giving you the perfect grey (blank) canvas upon which to express your emoptions, layer, accessorize, juxtapose and play this season.
Fall and Winter Fashion Trends are all about free expression, redefining and in some cases deconstructing conventions. Designer’s such as Helmut Lang, Bailey, A.L.C., Tods and Dolce and Gabbana to name but a few are juxtaposing the traditional with modern, conservative with the sexy through their thoughtful, boundary deconstructing design. We see tops in this seemingly safe and balanced color with detail such as sassy cut outs. Now that does convey the shark of grey!
To ensure this color doesn’t leave you feeling well, too grey, pairing with the right accessories is of utmost importance. Achieving balance is key. To help guide you through this process I have put together 5 of my favorite looks to wear for every occasion…. Enjoy xo”
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have